Our instructors have got a vast amount of knowledge and experience within the area of self-defence. As a prerequisite, our teachers require a number of credentials before we allow them to begin their full teaching:
- Hold the highest level CRB/DBS disclosure check (sections 115 and 116 of the Police act 1997)
- Have current and valid indemnity insurance
- Are regularly trained in First Aid and Health and Safety
- Hold relevant teaching qualifications other than just their martial arts grades that have been awarded by recognised awarding bodies
- Undergo a rigorous coaching programme which involves 250 hours of practical teaching before taking a class of their own
Our personal protection advisors working within our current schools and colleges are full time professionals who have many years of experience in a magnitude of associated fields, such as:
- Close protection work
- Professional Martial Arts Instructors
- Prison Wardens
- Members of the institute of Conflict Management.
The credentials of the selected teachers adheres to the Activ8 Self Defence policy of striving to be the best at any given time, we aim to deliver elite trainers, and elite programmes.
We have many Assistant Instructors working towards their 250 hours practical teaching.